- To work towards achieving academic excellence.
- To adopt interactive methods in the teaching-learning process.
- To involve the students directly in all academic pursuits so as to gain confidence to face new challenges in their real life.
- To guide the students through organizing workshops, seminars and extension lectures and training programmes so as to make them self-reliant.
- To create congenial atmosphere for healthy competition amongst students.
- To guide students in their “character building” and development of their “All-round personality”.
- To motivate the students to inculcate in them the sense of patriotism and “Sense of Belonging” to the nation.
- Date of Establishment :1968
- Programmes Offered : UG : BA with Combination History Economic Sociology
Faculty Served/Serving the Department:
Prof. MalikaBanu :1972-93
Dr. K.R Iqbal Ahmed :1977-2004
Prof. Syeda Noor Jahan : Till 2014
The Department acknowledges the services of Dr. K.R Iqbal Ahmed a genius a scholar a profound writer and orator for his everlasting contributions to the department, who is now serving as Pro-Vice chancellor at MAANU Hyderabad.
The Department Fore-Sees
- To aim at appreciable “quantitative and qualitative” improvement of the output.
- To conduct national level seminars, refresher courses and orientation programmes in History subsequently to put the department on the national map.
- To introduce diversified courses line “TRAVEL and TOURISM” Hospitality industry etc. instead of the conventional courses to suit to the future needs of the students.
- To upgrade the existing library to the status of a “state-of-the-art” library comprising latest books magazines & journals.
- To established a centre for post-graduate studies and research.
- To organize periodically “Exhibition of historical importance”
- To organize educational tours to places of Historical importance both in India and abroad.
- To impart quality education and teach my specialised subject (History) without any bias to students.
- To persuade students take up competitive examination through the subject study.
- To inculcate fascination for the subject by making them have a look at the applied aspect of the discipline.
- Worked as a History Lecturer at: Huda National P.U College D.J HalliBangalore-45
- Presently working as History Lecturer at: Al Ameen Arts, Science &Commerce College, Opp. Lal Bagh Main Gate
Hosur Road, Bangalore -27
- Successfully completed 15 months in the institution.
|| Name of the Institution
|| Overall percentage
||Gulabi Girls High School
||St. Anne’s Girls P.U College
||Mount Carmel College
||Bachelors of Arts
||Government First Grade College
||Masters of Arts
- Participated in National Seminar held at Christ University, Bangalore on ‘Urban Growth of Bangalore with special reference to Bangalore Cantonment (1809-2009)’.
- Have successfully completed Credit Courses in the following courses;
- Quantitative Techniques for Economic and Business
- Art Appreciation
- Media Editing
- Human Resource Management