Department of Urdu was established since the Al-Ameen Degree College has started in the year 1968. The main aim of institution is to empower minorities (especiallyMuslim community) in the field of education for the betterment of society in future.
FORMER HOD’S OF THE URDU DEPARTMENT
- Late Prof. Meer Jaffer Ali
- Dr.Abdul Kareem Thimmapuri
- Prof.Zakir Hussain
PRESENT STAFF OF THE URDU DEPARTMENT
- Prof.Zakia Begum,H.O.D
- Staff: Prof.Hashmathunnisa
- Department aim is to create interest and mastery in Urdu literature among student and to teach true human values and essence of life by teaching famous poets and literalist works or books.
- As literature helps in character building of the youth, we stress upon to improve the communication skills among the students and make them aware about our culture and its values.
- We arrange motivation programme by conducting guest lectures by eminent Professors and poets.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED FOR UNDER GRADUTES AS FIRST LANGUAGE
- BA/HEU (URDU AS OPTIONAL)
- 2100 books available in our college library
- Daily Urdunewspapers:
- The Daily Salar
- The Siasat Daily
- Periodicals :
- Apart from this, the department library give facilities to the students to take the reference books.
The department involves students in the following activities:
- Improvement of reading, writing and speaking skills in Urdu.
- Group discussions and open essay conducted in the classes.
- Interclass and intercollegiate competitions in short story, debate and poetry are conducted.
- Quiz competition in literature is conducted.
- Encouraged to write articles in the periodicals.
- Students who score 90% in the Urdu are awarded.
The department is interested in taking the student for educational tour, conduct intercollegiate competitions, arrange guest lectures, initiate short term courses in Urdu DTP & encourage student in creative writing.