Vision– Every individual on the planet earth has a right to learn about all to promote quality ……….to set
Mission – To help prepare outstanding students and research scholars.
Established - 1968.
Faculty who set light in the department –
Dr. B.A Ghulam Ahmed Late founder HOD
Prof. Syed Jameel Ahmed
Prof. Liyaqath Ali Khan
PROF. RAHMATH ATAAZ – M.Sc, Ph.D. Teaching since 1982.
e-mail : ataaz_swear @ yahoo.co.in.
PROF. ROSHAN FAROUQUI – M.Sc, M.Phil. Teaching since 1991.
PROF. TASNEEM AMINA – M.Sc, M.Phil. Teaching since 2002.
Courses offering zoology as one of the subjects
B. Sc – 1. Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
2. Chemistry, Microbiology and Zoology
Departmental Expertise and subjects taught under zoology
Animal Taxonomy, Animal physiology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Developmental biology, Environmental biology, Histology, Ethology, Organic evolution, Human anatomy, Comparative anatomy, Ornithology, Herpetology, Techniques in biology, Histochemistry, Animal rescue and rehabilitation, Animal preservation, Taxidermy, plastination, Sericulture, Pisciculture, model making, Animal breeding, etc.
Study materials and manuals – Books and manuals written by the departmental faculty is given in the form of hard and soft copies the students in advance.
- Laboratory-The department has a well furnished sophisticated lab and an excellent museum with one of the best collection of specimen.
- Equipments- Ultra modern high end equipments to cater to the needs of advanced teaching and research, like BOD incubator, research microscopes etc.
Renowned alumni –
- Dr. RahmathAtaaz- Present Vice Principal and HOD
- Dr. Abdul Khayum – Faculty, Dept. of Botany
- Prof. Omar Farooq – HOD Microbiology.
- Dr. Noor ZehraJaffer – Ph.D Zoology
- Dr. NaseemSait – General Physician
- Dr. Jawaz Ahmed - General Physician and Diabetologist